Friday, October 23, 2009

THIS IS TO MY ALL SOLDIER BROTHERS.....hatts off to u


I can bleed red when the shining blade descends
Penetrating my core of being,
Tearing more than this weary fleece.
Though, tis not the only time when I bleed.

I bleed when I march past a hamlet
And see them churls crooning with a lyre
Or see smoke spiraling from a homely fire.

I bleed when I see a virgin wife
Delicate as daisy and as lily pure
Bearing much more than she can endure.

To have her beloved across mountains and seas
If he be breathing, she couldn’t be sure,
And she jostles with all visions obscure.






I bleed when some hoary ailing elder
Breathes his last with eyes opened wide
As if his soldier son sitting by his side.


I bleed when I remember vir Bhan
Bidding farewell to his wife and babe
Going to meet his foe, he couldn’t escape.

I see the little boy with fear written all over his face
Not knowing shaheed yet, tis his father that who is dead.


So, I bleed red when the shining blade descends
Though, tis not the only time when I bleed.

No comments:

Post a Comment